Because the Show Exists
- Annual aggregate gross sales are increased by $475,403,000.
- Annual gross regional product is increased by $320,221,000.
- Annual personal incomes are raised by $290,710,000.
- 7,265 full-time equivalent jobs are created.
- The local population is increased by 16,316 people.
- Residential capital is changed by $361,877,000.
- Non-residential capital is changed by $420,125,000.
- The annual fiscal dividend (tax revenues) to local government is increased by $27,344,000. Expanded over the life of the Show's current 30-year lease at NRG Park, the increase in government revenue is estimated by the Show staff to exceed $820,000,000.
The above results were obtained by utilizing the REMI research model (Regional Economics Modeling Incorporated). The REMI model analyzed $143,760,712 in exogenous spending (from money external to the area) by spectators, contestants, exhibitors, contractors and sponsors at the 2010 Show.